Can I use a different router with CenturyLink? But it will probably be pay off for you to buy a router instead. You have a lot of options—all routers are compatible with CenturyLink fiber internet. Before you buy the cheapest one you can find, keep in mind that routers vary in quality.
Are Netgear routers compatible with CenturyLink? Netgear Nighthawk works with CenturyLink. Get your PPPoE password, plug in your new router and follow the Setup Wizard to use your Netgear modem with CenturyLink.
What is the best router to use with CenturyLink?
- NETGEAR WNDR4300 Wi-Fi Router.
- Apple AirPort Express.
- ASUS AC2900 WiFi Dual-Band Wireless Router.
- Linksys WRT32X AC3200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Gaming Router.
- NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router.
- Symantec Norton Core Secure Router.
- TP-Link Archer AC1750 Router.
How do I know if a router is compatible? As long as both your router and modem have ethernet ports on them, it should be compatible. Ensure that you connect the cable coming from your modem to the port labeled WAN port on your router.