How big is a data center? Data Centers are of Different Sizes
While most are small, the average data center occupies approximately 100,000 square feet of space.
How many servers are in a datacenter? To summarize, a data center with 850 Megawatts of capacity can run around 6,314,256 low powered 1U servers, 1,768,000 mid powered 1U servers or 803,608 high powered servers in a 52U Rack. This number scales down depending on how much energy each server uses or how large the racks are.
How much storage is in a data center? But according to Rack Solutions, a high-tier datacenter of about 980,000 square feet can hold up to 2.6 million servers. Companies like Amazon, Google, and Microsoft maintain such vast data storage centers, and research suggests that they’re not at full capacity.
Who owns the most servers in the world?
- Intel: 75,000 servers (company, August, 2011)
- 1&1 Internet: “More than” 70,000 servers (company, Feb.
- eBay: 54,011 servers (DSE dashboard, July 2013)
- LeaseWeb: 36,000 servers (company, Feb.
- Intergenia: (PlusServer/Server4You), 40,000 servers (company, 2013)