How can I tell if my server is hardening?
- Manage Server Access.
- Minimize the External Footprint.
- Patch Vulnerabilities.
- Minimize Attack Surface.
- Restrict Admin Access.
- Know What’s Happening.
- Minimize User Access Permissions.
- Establish Communications.
Is Windows Server more secure than Windows 10? Security-wise, the Windows Server 2019 is better than the 2016 version by a pretty large margin. The latter used shielded VMs as its base for security systems, while the new version, the 2019 Server, can also run Linux VMs.
How do I protect my Windows server?
- Keep Your Windows Server Up To Date.
- Install Only Essential OS Components via Windows Server Core.
- Protect the Admin Account.
- NTP Configuration.
- Enable and Configure Windows Firewall and Antivirus.
- Secure Remote Desktop (RDP)
- Enable BitLocker Drive Encryption.
How do I harden my firewall?
- Keep Your Firewalls’ Operating Systems Updated.
- Configure Strong & Non-Default Passwords.
- Configure Suitable Remote Management Access.
- Harden Your Rule-base.
- Undertake Regular Rule-base Housekeeping.