What are the benefits of DCIM?
- Access to accurate, actionable data about the current state and future needs of the data center.
- Standard procedures for equipment changes.
- Single source of truth for asset management.
- Better predictability for space, power and cooling capacity means increased time to plan.
What is Device42 tool? Device42 is an asset management solution that enables IT administrators to track hardware, software, devices and networks. The key features includes automated data center management, service management, device discovery, asset tagging and password management.
What tools would you want in a cart in the data center?
- Various and sundry serial cables.
- Cable Toner.
- Cable Tester.
- Patch cables.
- Power Cords.
- Torx driver set.
- Cordless drill.
What hardware is in a data center? The hardware equipment used in the data centers includes routers, switches, firewalls, cables, and modems. Hard drives and tape drives are storage devices used. Cooling systems are also used to draw away the heat produced in the data centers.