What are the four main types of data centers?
- Corporate data centers.
- Web hosting data centers, providing computer infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- Data centers that provide TurnKey Solutions.
- Data centers that use the technology to Web 2.0.
What are the 3 main components of a data center infrastructure?
- Facility – the usable space available for IT equipment.
- Core components – equipment and software for IT operations and storage of data and applications.
- Support infrastructure – equipment contributing to securely sustaining the highest availability possible.
Which companies own the most data centers? Amazon, Microsoft and Google collectively now account for more than 50 percent of the world’s largest data centers across the globe as the three companies continue to spend billions each year on building and expanding their global data center footprint to accommodate the high demand for cloud services.
Which servers are used in data centers? Some of the servers at the data center are used for running the basic Internet and intranet services needed by internal users in the organization, e.g., e-mail servers, proxy servers, and DNS servers. Network security elements are also usually deployed: firewalls, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems, and so on.