What is a data center service provider? Data center as a service (DCaaS) is the provision of offsite physical data center facilities and infrastructure to clients. Clients rent or lease access to the provider’s data center, using the servers, networking, storage and other computing resources owned by the DCaaS provider.
What are the four main types of data centers?
- Corporate data centers.
- Web hosting data centers, providing computer infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- Data centers that provide TurnKey Solutions.
- Data centers that use the technology to Web 2.0.
Which servers are used in data centers? Some of the servers at the data center are used for running the basic Internet and intranet services needed by internal users in the organization, e.g., e-mail servers, proxy servers, and DNS servers. Network security elements are also usually deployed: firewalls, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems, and so on.
What are the 3 main components of a data center infrastructure?
- Facility – the usable space available for IT equipment.
- Core components – equipment and software for IT operations and storage of data and applications.
- Support infrastructure – equipment contributing to securely sustaining the highest availability possible.