What is a data Centre provider? Data center companies can also be referred to as colocation companies, and these companies build and operate data centers, providing a highly secure space with redundant power, cooling and network infrastructure for those who find it more affordable and/or more reliable than operating their own data centers.
What are the four main types of data centers?
- Corporate data centers.
- Web hosting data centers, providing computer infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- Data centers that provide TurnKey Solutions.
- Data centers that use the technology to Web 2.0.
Which companies own the most data centers? Amazon, Microsoft and Google collectively now account for more than 50 percent of the world’s largest data centers across the globe as the three companies continue to spend billions each year on building and expanding their global data center footprint to accommodate the high demand for cloud services.
What 2/3 companies have large data centers?
- Equinix. Market share: 11.1 percent.
- Digital Realty Trust. Market share: 7.6 percent.
- China Telecom. Market share: 6.1 percent.
- China Unicom. Market share: 4.2 percent.
- China Mobile. Market share: 2.1 percent.
- KDDI Telehouse.