What is a hosting location? Overview of hosting server location
Server location is the physical location of the data center where your website is hosted. The data centers can be anywhere in the world. While choosing a web hosting provider, you need to consider the destination of your target audience.
How do I find my hosting location?
- Open the Command Prompt. Press the Windows Key and “R” to open the Run box.
- Type “Tracert” and the Website’s Address into the Command Prompt.
- Note the IP Address Next to the Website’s URL.
Which server location is best for hosting?
- Consider your target audience. If most of your visitors reside in the USA, you’ll want to pick a data center located in or close to the USA for optimal performance.
- See which data centers your web host offers.
- Check your data center’s performance.
How do I change hosting location? You can change the data center for all sites in your hosting plan. Go to your Client Area > Services > Hosting and click Manage next to the plan you wish to relocate. Then click on the kebab menu and select Relocate from it. To switch to a new data center, click Select on the preferred location.