What is colocation called in USA? A colocation center (also spelled co-location, or colo) or “carrier hotel“, is a type of data centre where equipment, space, and bandwidth are available for rental to retail customers.
How expensive is colocation? Cost of Colocation by City
Data centers usually charge a monthly fee for their colocation hosting that includes a set amount of bandwidth and IP addresses. Average monthly fees can range anywhere from $45 to $300 per U per month.
Where are data centers in USA?
- #1 – Equinix DC2 Data Center, Ashburn, Virginia.
- #2 – Equinix NY4 Data Center, Secaucus, New Jersey.
- #3 – CoreSite LA1 Data Center, Los Angeles, California.
- #4 – Equinix MI1 Data Center, Miami, Florida.
- #5 – Digital Realty 350 E Cermak Data Center, Chicago, Illinois.
What US state has the most data centers? U.S. The U.S. has the most data centres in the world, the country has 2670 in total. 153 of the data centres are located in Dallas, there 147 in both Los Angeles and Bay Area. Across all 50 states in the U.S. there are data centres located in 1826 different areas.