What is the biggest data center in the US? #1: Digital Realty- Lakeside
Located in Chicago, spanning a total of 1.1 million square feet the Lakeside Technology Center shares the top spot on the list for the largest data centers in the United States.
Who is the biggest data center company? #1) Equinix
Equinix was founded in 1998. Its headquarters is located in Redwood City, California, USA. The company had 7273 employees as of 2017 and serves 24 countries including the UK and the USA. It has a vast network of 202 data centers around the world, with 12 more being installed.
How many data centers are in the United States? There are about 3 million data centers in the United States. That’s 1 data center for every 100 people.
Where are data centers in USA?
- #1 – Equinix DC2 Data Center, Ashburn, Virginia.
- #2 – Equinix NY4 Data Center, Secaucus, New Jersey.
- #3 – CoreSite LA1 Data Center, Los Angeles, California.
- #4 – Equinix MI1 Data Center, Miami, Florida.
- #5 – Digital Realty 350 E Cermak Data Center, Chicago, Illinois.