Why is data security is important than ever when you and your team are working from home? A dramatic rise in the number of people working from home has increased the risk of a data breach for many organizations. If your company works with sensitive data, it’s more important than ever that you and your employees take precautions to safeguard your company data and its privacy.
How does a business keep their customer’s information secure with many of their employees working from home? Use Encryption Software
Using encryption software is another way companies and their remote workers can protect themselves. If an employee’s device is stolen or lost, the information on that device can find its way into the wrong hands and expose the company to data breaches and vulnerabilities.
What tips or advice would you give your family or friends working from home in terms of data and computer security?
- Don’t Delay Updates.
- Don’t Turn Off the VPN.
- Watch Out for Phishing Scams.
- Pump Up the Passwords.
- Keep Your Devices Separate.
- Consider Multi-Factor Authentication.
What precautions can you take to protect personal information while working from home?
- Use antivirus software.
- Make sure your system and programs are up to date.
- Pay attention to Wi‑Fi and network security.
- Secure your privacy with a VPN.
- Avoid oversharing your screen.
- Beware phishing scams.
- Don’t share personal information in messages or social media.