What is a data center hosting service? Data center hosting is the process of deploying and hosting a data center on a third-party or external service provider’s infrastructure. It enables the use of the same services, features and capabilities of a data center but from a hosted platform external to the on-premises data center or IT infrastructure.
What services are provided by a data center?
- Hardware installation and maintenance.
- Managed power distribution.
- Backup power systems.
- Data backup and archiving.
- Managed load balancing.
- Controlled Internet access.
- Managed E-mail and messaging.
- Managed user authentication and authorization.
What are the four main types of data centers?
- Corporate data centers.
- Web hosting data centers, providing computer infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- Data centers that provide TurnKey Solutions.
- Data centers that use the technology to Web 2.0.
What does hosting data mean? Data hosting is the act of storing the data on a stable and accessible web platform. While there is no standard arrangement for providing this service, data hosting does represent a significant commitment that requires dedicated, long-term capacity that maintains a persistent and highly reliable web-connected platform.